"I desperately needed aid as my brain felt increasingly scrambled and I lost the sense of space and time. I kept insisting I didn't need aid despite my helpless predicament.
Some insistent, nurturing intervention from caring others put me horizontal
A cool cloth to my head and all the time I needed to reground myself helped me
Then, and only then, the shattering pain lambasted me.
The pain radiated from every nerve cell The pain was literally paralyzing. I could not move. I could not think about anything but the pain. I don't remember much other than the pain.
Slowly, the pain began to ease. I noticed, though, that it would ease, then increase again. Ease, then increase again. This happened quite a lot, and I was mesmerized by this pattern. Very, very gradually, the moment of "unpain" grew longer. The moments of pain, shorter.
The things that were once so effortless and manageable now present significant challenge.
I'm protective of my injury, aware of its constant presence.
And of course, there will be a lifelong scar to remind me...
while physical wounds are quick to heal, the emotional ones are enduring, visible to us, often invisible to others"
go read the whole story here http://drjoanne.blogspot.com/2011/07/little-wounding.html.
just thought i'd share.
while physical wounds are quick to heal, the emotional ones are enduring, visible to us, often invisible to others"
go read the whole story here http://drjoanne.blogspot.com/2011/07/little-wounding.html.
just thought i'd share.
No comments:
Post a Comment