Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

"Long ago, men went to sea, and women waited for them, standing on the edge of the water, scanning the horizon for the tiny ship. Now I wait for Henry Wyatt. He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. I wait for him. Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?"
Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Traveler's Wife)

Why has he gone where I cannot follow?"
i miss him sooooo much.


i went back to work this week and it has been pretty good.
but......i ran into my first pregnant teenager today and my heart just broke all over again. how do these children get to bring children into the world and i have to fight so hard to do it.
it is just not fair, but then again, who said life was fair, right??
i didn't cry though, almost, but i held it together.(it seems that is all i do these days 'hold it together')

i don't know...life just seems so hard sometimes.

my hubs and i celebrated 15 years together yesterday. it hasn't been easy, but we've decided it must be love. and it is, i totally love my babies daddy. he's not perfect, but he is perfect for me.

hope you have a wonderful weekend.
love to you all.

paula

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately life isn't fair... but sometimes feels more fair to some than others :( 15 years together is wonderful - all that love to share with Wyatt and potential future children too. Great that it felt pretty good to go back to work... that's a huge step. Thinking of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 years is great! I'm glad you have such an amazing man in your life. I just finished my first week of work also, I thought my first week went pretty well also, up until people at lunch started chatting about sick kids, bratty kids, and how they never want to have anymore kids. What do you do though, It just isn't fair is right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Paula, you break my heart all over again. Beautifully apt quote, thanks for sharing. Congratulations on 15 years, that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete