wednesday i got an email from sarah saying "It is our honor to add Wyatt to the well list. We build wells in order of when they are added to the list, as we receive the funds."
she also went on to ask,"if there is a Bible verse that is special to you, please send it as well so that we may include it on the well."so this is where i need help.....
i have come across many bible verses that have spoken to me, but i want to make sure to get just the right one for wyatt.
does anyone have any ideas?
what is your favorite verse in memory of your child?
some of my ideas...
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised.”Job 1:21
(is that too bleak and sad?)
People make plans in their minds, But the Lord decides what they will do..." ~ Proverbs 16:19
( i like this verse but i think it may be more of a verse for me and not really honor wyatt's memory)
Psalm 31:7 “I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.”
(again i think this one may speak more for me)
Luke 18:16 - But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
(am afraid this one is used a lot and i do want something original??? for my sweet boy)
(am afraid this one is used a lot and i do want something original??? for my sweet boy)
paula
I used both Psalms 37:4- " Take exquisite delight in God and he will give you the request of your heart." I also used Luke 23:43, where Jesus said, "Truly I tell you today,You will be with me in Paradise."
ReplyDeleteOther nice scriptures are Psalms 139:16
John 5:28,29 & Acts 24:15.
I hope this helps. I definitely recommend the first two but Psalms 139:16 is also a favorite. Also please let us know what you decide on.
Hugs-
Felicia
My favourite is from Isaiah 49:15,16
ReplyDelete"I will not forget you. See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands."
They are all beautiful verses... so lovely that a well is being built in his memory. Thinking of you on his 8 month angel-versary... my heart is with you xoxo
ReplyDeleteoh paula, i'm new here and just getting to know you, and i ache for your loss of wyatt and for ethan, kendall and mary.
ReplyDeletelike laura, i really like isaiah 49.15-16, and i also love your choice of psalm 92.15. i also like psalm 73.25-26.
also, i wanted to let you know that your name was picked for the mother's day necklace at my blog. i'm so honored to be able to make this for you or someone you love. please email me at nicole k owens (at) yahoo (dot) com so we can discuss details. thanks!
Beautiful verses! <3 I know I'm a bit late but my favorite is, "And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive. But better than both is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun" Ecclesiastes 4:2-3. This one helps me a lot when I miss my sweet angel... it reminds me that she is in a much better place. I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*
ReplyDelete