Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Dear God,

i still believe in you, i always will. i just think this represents our relationship right now.



I know I can't take one more step towards you
Cause all that's waiting is regret
And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

And I've learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are

Dear, it took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back

And who do you think you are
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

And who do you think you are
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?

paula

4 comments:

  1. Keeping God in my heart was so hard when I lost my little girl. But then I realized that if I didn't have God to believe in, then what would happen to my baby. I believe that He is taking care of her until I can again.
    I can't even imagine how you do it time after time. I admire your strength and faith. Stay strong and remember that your babies are in God's loving care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard this song on the radio a lot lately also. I must say I've thought the same thing you are. It's hard, to always think the good things when we hurt to much. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband LOVES this song! He listens to it non-stop. lol
    Remember that God is not the cause of your loss and that he soon will rejoin your Wyatt with you.
    Hugs-
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping hold of faith after losing a child is so very hard. For me, the hardest part is knowing full well that God has the power, had the power, to change things and for whatever reason did not. My son is still dead.

    Even still I don't want to lose my faith. My prayer is that God continues to hold onto my heart, even as I sometimes falter while walking this grief filled path. He has been very faithful to me in that.

    I will be praying for the same for you. xx

    ReplyDelete