Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Samuel 12:23

"He shall not return to me...but I shall go to him."

~Marcel Proust

There is no more ridiculous custom than the one that makes you express sympathy once and for all on a given day to a person whose sorrow will endure as long as his life. Such grief, felt in such a way is always present; it is never too late to talk about it, never repetitious to mention it again.
 
I prayed for this child, and the Lord answered my prayer and gave him to me. Now, I give him back to the Lord. He will belong to the Lord all his life.

~Samuel 1:27-28~
 
Little I knew that morning
God was going to call your name.
In life we loved you dearly,
In death we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose you.
You did not go alone.
For part of me went with you.
The day God called you home.

You left us beautiful memories
Your love is still our guide.
And though we cannot see you,
You are always by our side.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing is the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
The chain will link again.



No comments:

Post a Comment